Anne Ten Donkelaar: Broken butterflies repaired with new wings and bodies. (2011)
- "Blauwe spinner". The body of this butterfly is made of thread
- "De draadspanner". A construction of a butterfly wing with thread and pins
- "Medusozoa". The antennas form the parachute and the body forms a propeller
- "Zwart vlek vlinder". With two upper embroidered wings
- "Goudraffeltje". The broken butterfly wings are fixed with gold leaf
" Our defeat was always implicit in the victory of others; our wealth has always generated our poverty by nourishing the prosperity of others - the empires and their native overseers. In the colonial and neocolonial alchemy, gold changes into scrap metal and food into poison. "
― Eduardo Galeano, Open Veins of Latin America: Five Centuries of the Pillage of a Continent